Friday, August 14, 2009

Ek ladki ka phone number..

Luckily, some of our exams on the weekend were postponed at the last moment and we got straight three days' off. I and my three friends packed our bags and headed for Mumbai.

We reached the Chennai airport on time and boarded the flight. We'd our seats in the last but two row. We put our luggage and settled in our seats. Some announcement was being made and one of my friends pointed at the announcer. I looked at her and said "Boy! She's got the looks."

Her name was Shirley. Unfortunately, she was catering to the front rows and came to our side of the plane very few times, but I made sure that whenever I needed anything I asked her only. By the time we reached Mumbai, I completely fell for her.

The plane landed at the Mumbai airport and people started to get down. Something was going in my mind. I was supposed to get down from the gate at the back, but she was standing near the front gate. I waited for sometime till the way to the front was clear. I was among the last few passengers to leave. The aisle was completely clear and I could see her standing at the end. I started walking towards the front door, but the path seemed never ending. I was completely blank about how to start the conversation. I reached near her and she was ready with an airhostess-smile.

Shirley: "Thank you, Sir"
Me: (Not sure from where this came) "Hey! Are you from Mumbai?"
Shirley: (She stepped up) "Yes"
Me: (Falling short of words) "Where in Mumbai?"
Shirley: "Bombay Central"
Me: It was nice meeting you!
Shirley: "Same here"
Me: (Sounding casual) "Can I have your phone number?"
Shirley: "Sorry Sir, we are not allowed to give our phone numbers."
Me: "Oh ok. Have a nice day! Bye"
Shirley: "Bye Sir"

I turned around and got down the stairs. I'd be lying if I say I wasn't disappointed. I know that it was not the perfect way to approach a girl, but it was my only chance.

PS: Later one of my friends found Shirley's profile on Orkut, so the hope continues.

9 comments:

Aby_The_One said...

Lol...Good one! I'm glad you didn't missed the opportunity :)
Wondering if Shirley is on your orkut's Friend list by now?

Prasanna Dommu said...

wow shobby, never knew this side of yours...!

Megs said...

Great try..... :) Keep us posted... :)

Sourabh said...

Hope next time also you get the same in flight :)

Samsible - Not very sensible said...

That was quite an Abyish attempt I presume ...

Reema said...

Ha ha ..

You better change the title to "She's got Brains" !!

Mitesh said...

Where we on that Spice jet flight I guess... And know what 2 weeks back.. on my way to Chennai from Mumbai on a spice jet flight.. I saw an air hostess and felt as i i have seen her somewhere... Guess she was the one.. :)

Pranit said...

Did You Know?

1 in 8 couples in US met online...

Found her on orkut..what are you waiting for?

-- Abhishek

Anonymous said...

shooby the same incident happend with me too few days back,

its really breathtaking ...i wish you luck ,hope you will meet her soon...